Today marks the 53rd anniversary of Earth Day and a wonderful day to celebrate! It is the perfect opportunity to reflect on our impact on the planet and help make changes to help protect it. The theme of Earth Day 2023 is "Restore Our Earth". This theme aims to highlight the urgent need to take action to restore ecosystems and rebuild our communities. If we work together, I am confident we will create a more sustainable future.
Here are some ways you can celebrate Earth Day and make a positive impact.
1. Plant a tree: Trees are vital to our environment as they absorb carbon dioxide and release oxygen. What a great way to combat climate change!
2. Support local farmers: When you buy local, you reduce the carbon footprint associated with transportation to get goods to your local community.
3. Educate yourself: A lot of people are unsure of how they can help or think that they can't make a difference. Each and every one of us can make a difference and as I always say sharing is caring. Spread awareness!
4. Use resusable bags and containers: By reducing your plastic waste you help protect our oceans and wildlife. Use those bags not just for the supermarket but for all of your shopping needs. You can even save those take out containers and reuse them at home.
5. Shop Sustainable: By shopping from sustainable brands you support a bigger mission. Clothes, shoes, accessories, personal care, water bottles, solar powered charges, kitchenware and cleaning products just to name a few.
Today is great reminder that we must take care of our planet and protect it for future generations. Our fellow humans and animals are counting on us. Let's not let them down.